Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Time to Timeless



The car had stopped,
It would never move again,
Unlike my faithful watch,
Just ticking past 5:02.

The smoke not clearing,
My eyes tearing,
Strength fading with blood,
This much I knew.

Torn metal pulls away,
Revealing a helping hand,
Trying to save my life,
It is now 5:07.

Wired up to the machines,
The alarms start blaring,
They struggle while I fade,
I now see…

The ambulance stopped,
Yet it did not brake,
I have walked out,
But I did not step,
I can move and think,
Yet I am still bleeding,
I do not feel faint,
Though I am not breathing,
It is 5:07,
Still 5:07.

I feel so alone,
Like never before,
This weight crushes through me,
And on through the floor,
Alone like a pain,
The pain like a fear,
I cry out in agony,
Yet without a tear,
My watch has stopped,
But is not broken,
At 5:07,
Still 5:07.

Though smoke is rising,
Flames will not consume,
Walking through pure flame,
 I feel as cold as a tomb,
Moments pass like hours,
Weeks passing like seconds,
A lifetime passing with no end,
Foundation of time ripped from me,
Entrapped within nothing,
Within nothing I am waiting,
All purpose is gone,
All of my senses gone wrong,
Always 5:07,
Still 5:07.

I can almost touch you,
You are close as it seems,
In the same space apart,
You cannot hear my screams,
Watching you smiling,
With others breathing life,
Yet no one can see me,
No one can hear me,
Through endless void,
As close as touch,
And then the shock comes,
And comes once more,
Upon the gurney I awake,
Seeing time start again,
It is 5:11.

I have seen Hell is real,
Thus I know Heaven above,
By the blood of His hand,
I will pursue God's love,
Through the change of time,
Until my future is unchanging,
Outside of this aging,
Time forgotten in Heaven above,
Let us know joy forever,
In His timeless love.

No comments:

Post a Comment