Monday, May 5, 2014

The Lights of Yad Vashem



There is a place like no other,
Surrounded by the stars,
Each one a candle flame,
Each star having a name,
Beyond the doorway it lies,
Portal to a different dimension,
Where children laugh together,
Drawing my heart to attention.

Holding the rail in darkness,
I step forward into space,
Stars above and below me,
Each one seems to know me,
Some near and some far,
As I hear each give name,
As a heart is beating joy,
Within the candle flame.

Here I can walk with them,
Where they can feel my heart,
They are in memory with love,
For the rage of war took them,
Each one a gift of love,
Each one removed in pain,
A million and a half remembered,
And hatred is to blame.

I walk with hand on the rail,
Their hands are on my shoulder,
I know what brought them here,
Their memory of pain is over,
Each light flickers with laughter,
For they laugh in love in Heaven,
Our hearts dance this field of stars,
Amidst the lights of Yad Vashem.



No comments:

Post a Comment