Friday, October 25, 2013

Cold Light

I had a dream about an episode of Miami Vice called "A Bullet for Crocket" where I heard an unusual song by Peter Gabriel.  Recently Neflix made the series available and I saw the episode for the first time in years.  The song does not exist.  I dreamed it.  You can check.  Here are the words I remember. 

Cover me beneath the cold night,
Comfort me within the cold light,
Blinded by pain I can not see,
I search for your hand to be free.

I lost my way within my fears,
On a lonely road paved by tears,
The light ahead will see me through,
My only hope is finding you.

Trial of fire shredded resolve,
Against problems I could not solve,
Surrounded by spears on all sides,
Without defense or hope I cannot hide.

Within the forest of bad dreams,
I try to hear your voice through screams,
Holding my heart to what is true,
My salvation and hope is in you.

Awaking to your sound I see light,
Stirring to your voice I begin to fight,
With truth in your eyes I now can see,
The strength of truth you found in me.

The fog of fear departs from me,
I know the truth of what must be,
Finding the strength it takes to heal,
For in your heart I know love is real.

No comments:

Post a Comment