Thursday, April 19, 2012

Time and Space


There was a day when my wife mentioned to me that her co-worker, Karina, was watching Doctor Who with her boyfriend.  I thought it would be interesting to hear what she thought about it and asked my wife to find out.  As soon as I came to my lunch break, I spent the first 4 minutes writing this piece.  I hope it inspires many to respond about stepping past limitations, seeing further than before, and redefining reality through the love of life and each other.

I behold the stars above me,
Spinning through infinity,
As we dance with them together,
While safe upon the Earth,
Exploring and imploring,
In search of mystery’s meaning,
I am deep within my journey,
Started on at birth.

I am a traveler at heart,
Of souls of those around me,
Bringing meaning learned,
To all of those I care,
And a traveler I’ve seen,
In the faces that surround me,
You can look but not see him,
Yet he is always there.

Exploring all that’s known,
In time and space around us,
Pushing back all boundaries,
For they do not exist,
Bringing all the magic,
That life does have to offer,
So those who’ve stopped exploring,
Have reason to persist.

With eyes full of wisdom,
Experience that’s confounding,
Approaching each new soul,
With the smile of a child,
He shows the open door,
To reality without boundary,
A place full of heart,
Imagination runs wild.

So what can I show you,
Of the traveler I do know,
And the journeys we did share,
I may bring unto this place?
It is that life is unlimited,
For there is no limit to love,
It is as simple as a smile,
And as vast as time and space.

No comments:

Post a Comment